Thursday, October 09, 2008

Tilt-Shift Lilliputians

Is there anyone still out there?  I miss you!  Have you missed me?  I'm so bad to have let my little pride and joy here drift away into nothingness, but motherhood has been big bite to chew.  I'm aching, ACHING to get back to this blog again and start writing some good shtuff to post, but it may be some time before I can revive this thing completely.  I hope some of you will come back and read when I enetually do start up again.  In the meantime I have this silly little thing...

               
Bathtub II from Keith Loutit on Vimeo.



For those of you who haven't heard of tilt-shift photography, it's a method of manipulating focus to selectively put things out of focus.  There is a whole group of photographers out there who use it to make very large-scale real-life things seem like minitures.  I love to see it done with time lapse here.  How fun is it to see all of these little minitures scurry around?  Seems to me to be something a little more unusual that could be applicable to movies like Gulliver's Travels, Night at the Museum, or even Toy Story.

No comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Tech Blog